During the AAPEX 2018 in Las Vegas General Motors Co. presented a range of new GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco parts. This way they hope to induce independent shops to give their preference to factory designed and engineered parts.
David Mestdagh, the CEO of global product development, GM Customer Care and Aftersales stated, “Our main objective is to supply our customers with the products they need to provide safe and efficient repairs.” Since the beginning of 2017, the company has expanded their aftermarket parts range with over 14,000 parts across 10 different product lines.
New releases include the following products:
- Synthetic Blend SN Plus Motor Oils designed to prevent low-speed pre-ignition in turbocharged engines, protect against high-temperature deposits and minimize friction and engine wear during cold weather starts. SN Plus is created in addition to existing motor oil products and not to replace dexos1.
- Professional Severe Duty Caliper-Pad-Rotor Brake Products designed for 2010-model and newer Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups. The rotors are equipped with s-grooves that ensure gas make and increase pedal response for secure braking, especially when trailing
- Professional Hybrid and Beam Wiper Blades that fit 10.6 million GM vehicles with 11 part numbers and 23 million GM vehicles with seven-part numbers, respectively.
- Advantage Bearings expanding to all makes and models covering 781 applications dated 1942 model-year vehicles.
- Professional Air Conditioning Seal Kits and Professional Air Conditioning Condensers with Automatic Transmission Oil Coolers are also included in new ACDelco products.